One of my favorite homemade beauty products is this Natural Anti-Aging Cream with Basil Essential Oil. I love the idea of using an anti-aging cream on my face to help with those little fine lines around my eyes and mouth. Even though I know that these are part of the aging process, it never hurts to use something to moisturize and gain some benefits to help slow down that aging process.
Natural Anti-Aging Cream With Basil
There is no magic cure to get rid of all of your wrinkles and fine lines. You can, however, create a smoother skin appearance by using a quality moisturizer. This natural homemade anti-aging cream with basil and rose hips essential oil is a great choice. The rich base of shea butter is perfect for deep moisturizing. The addition of witch hazel tightens your skin and makes the fine lines appear to actually disappear.
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves and stems
- 1/3 cup witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon almond oil (or your favorite oil)
- 2 teaspoons Shea Butter (or your favorite butter)
- 1.5 teaspoons Emulsifying Wax
- 7-10 drops rosehip essential oils
- Using a food processor combine witch hazel and basil leaves and witch hazel and blend well. Strain the now-green witch hazel into a half-pint canning jar, until you have ¼ cup of basil liquid. If you don’t have enough liquid add a little water to reach the ¼ cup.
- In a microwavable bowl add Shea butter, Almond oil and emulsifying wax. Heat in 30-second increments until melted and smooth.
- Add basil mix to the butter mix and slowly stir and allow it to cool and thicken.
- Once fully thickened add 7-10 drops of Rosehip Essential Oil. If your skin is dry add 10.
- Once fully thickened and cooled pour into half pint storage jars and seal.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
Making your own homemade natural anti-aging cream is super easy and affordable. Many of the popular brands on the market cost upwards of $50 for a tiny jar. You can spend the same amount and have enough to last for 2-3 years instead of 2-3 months! I love how budget-friendly this recipe is. For gifting to your friends, you can even add this to small beauty jars and add into a gift bag with some other homemade products.
Being happy with yourself doesn’t mean you can’t do little things like this to improve your appearance. These little things can be just what you need to boost your self-esteem. Accepting fine lines and wrinkles is part of aging, but adding our natural anti-aging cream into your daily routine is a great way to make them look a little better in the process.
If you’re not a DIY girl, no worries! I’ve got you covered too! Check out these Royalty skincare products! I’m obsessed with the Detoxifying Mask!
More Beauty Tips:
- Homemade Natural Best Cellulite Cream
- 5 Ways To Hide or Cover Roots Between Salon Visits
- Best Places To Find Wide Calf Boots For Plus Size Women